Sunday, November 1, 2009

Glass=bad

I pulled the rear hatch off. Man that thing is heavy.



I lade down some plastic, and then put the hatch on top of it.



Then I whacked it with a blunt object.



Huh, no thats not a hammer, its a poundometer, its a precision adjustment instrument.



Its not so heavy anymore. I wonder why I looked so grumpy.



Im sure some of you will ask why I broke the glass. The reason is simple, I plan to run lexan in all the rear windows. Removing the hatch glass without breaking it, is nearly impossible, so I chose to break it on my own terms, thereby minimizing the mess.


Moving on to the rear suspension

Out came the shocks.



Man I got lazy with the picture taking. Suddenly the subframe is out.





Man that rust looks bad in the pictures. In reality, its just surface nasty.



Ive never removed an S13 fuel tank, but its honestly the easiest tank I have ever dropped. Its dirty, but in good shape. I have not yet decided whether to run the stock tank or a fuel cell. Just another item on the TBD list.



That was all I accomplished that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment