Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seat mounts and suspension.

Man, I have been slacking on the updates. Good news though, the first wave of suspension bits have been ordered!! Im going to blaze some trails for myself personally with this setup, and Im sure it will get lots of comments. Look for pictures, maybe even a breakoff thread in the next few days.

On to the update.

I left off last time with one of the rear seat mounts mostly removed. I finished that one up, and got the other one ripped out.







All gone. You wouldnt thing these things weighed much, but when you put them together, and add them to the long list of other stuff, it turns out to be quite a bit.



Opens things up nicely.




With that finished up, I shifted gears, and moved to the engine bay. Looking at the pictures, some of you may have noticed I left the front sway bar and tension rod brace in the car. There was a reason.

Most of you have heard of or seen the Nismo and Jonnie Fraz tension rod braces. Well, those cost money, and a lot of it. It will be much cheaper to make my own, but even more importantly I can build it to my own specs.

The factory tension rod brackets are two separate pieces, bracing them together will help shore up the front end. The only problem is, I need to clean and prep it properly before building. Not to mention I have more important things to work on. The brace is something I can work on while the chassis is away for caging.

To keep the shape, and lock the pieces together I grabbed a couple pieces of steel, and went to town with the welder.

First I cleaned off the area, so I could get a good tack.





It doesnt look like much, but it keeps them together.





Then I pulled it out of the car. It will go on the shelf to be addressed later.





I wonder if it needs bushings?



That about raps it up for what I accomplished that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment