Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lightening in the palm of my hand.

The next day I took delivery of some parts I nabbed from a local 240 guy.

SR20 5 speed trans, SR radiator, heater core, with box, and a set of really ugly wheels, one of which is wrecked. Before you ask, the wheels are just for spares, and I got all of it for $250.



After snapping the picture of the parts, my camera died. I spent the rest of the evening removing glass. The only windows left in the car are the door windows.

I started the next day by making a rather large purchase. Some of you may have noticed that some areas of the car do have rust, and that stuff isn't going to fix itself. Its time to get serious.







I broke down, and bought a welder. Its a millermatic 140. This is nothing industrial, but its a very high quality single phase wire feed. Its versitale, easy to use, and semi portable.

I wasted no time laying some beads. Ive never welded before, so it took a little getting used to.

I played on a pipe, and got used to the gun in my hands.



Then I grabbed some 1/8" steel plates, and began welding them together in Ts.



Luckilly I had Gage (professional welder) there to help me practice the basics.



As entertaining as sticking metal together with lightning is, I got bored.





Then a genius idea hit me. Its time to truly christen this project.



I drilled 2 holes in it, and hung it above my parking space.



And I will finish with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment