Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lifted

I got some more work today.

Started out by getting the car on jackstands.



Apparantly, yesterday I inadvertently pulled one of the washer fluid lines part way off. It spent all night leaking on the floor. Happy happy joy joy.



Right down to business. Out came the front subframe, wheels and all.



I can now lift the front end of the car off the jackstands with one arm.





Oops, snack time again.



Some of you may have noticed, (or not) that there seems to be orange cups here and there. They are actually empty gatorade mix cans. I have a whole bunch of them, and Im keeping bolts in them. I have each one labeled for where the bolts came from, front suspension, rear suspension, body, interior, etc etc.



Ok ok, back to work.

I pulled the ABS sensors out of the knuckles. Wont be needing those. One came out ok, the other broke after a little persuasion.



Then I pulled the struts off. They are most likely garbage, but I nay end up reusing the tubes if I end up going with inserts.



Before calling it a night. I pulled the knuckles off the lower control arms. I will have to get those cleaned up later.



Almost forgot. I got the spec V wheels pulled of, they are officially for sale. For right now they will be pickup only, because shipping with tires on them would be obscene. If they don't sell in short order, I will consider shipping them.

If anybody has any 15" nissan alloys to trade for them, I would be very interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment