Thursday, October 22, 2009

Are we done yet?

So much sound deadening.


Look at that, I do actually work on my own car, picture proof.



Close up, check out that excellent complexion.



Im satisfied. All of the sound deadening is out save for some of the preform stuff, which is super extra nasty.



With the nasty all done with, I moved onto the sunroof. I pulled the glass out, along with the latches. Once the cage is in I will permanently seal the hole with sheet metal.



While working on the rear of the car, I noticed some rust showing neat the leading edge. I pulled it off to find SUPRISE, cancer. Guess Ive got more welding to do.



Dont think I will be needing a rear wiper on stage, so I pulled the arm off.



And the motor too. Just another hole to weld up.



Up until know, I had left the interior door panels on, but I could wait no longer. I popped the panel off.



I pulled all the seal plastic off, man the glue they use is nasty. I removed all the unnessary door accesories, power locks, and speaker. Look at all that extra wiring.



The finished drivers door. All thats left is the power window stuff. I will be skinning the inside of the door with lexan at a later date.



Look at all the wiring I ditched, just from the doors alone.



Rally rules stipulate that the steering wheel lock must be removed or dissabled. The lock is part of the ignition switch. Pulling the switch requires a little drilling because Nissan uses a special tamper proof screw. Once the screw is tightened, the tip snaps off so it cant be easilly removed.



Ignition off, notice the smooth screw heads. After a little grinding, the lock was no more, and I reinstalled the ignition.



Before calling it a night, I jacked the car up and removed the steering rack. This car origanally had power steering, and I will not be using it. The 240SX was not offered without power steering, so I will have to settel for removing all the power stuff from the rack. But thats another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment